Thursday, February 13, 2014

What would you do if the love of your life died & came back as a ghost?

Love never dies. That's the premise behind my novel, "Blurred Lines." I was inspired to write about this subject after my husband died at the young age of 34. Before his death, we'd never experienced paranormal activity at our home. Almost immediately after his death, my phone would ring with static at the other end. I'd see a shadow figure that looked exactly like his upper torso looming at the edge of the bed. There would be knocks on the window with no one there. I'd wake up all tucked in beneath my covers as if someone lovingly wanted to keep me warm. I would have vivid dreams where he'd sit and talk with me about the day just like he used to do…and when I woke up, my skin would tingle where I felt he'd touched me.

Ghosts became a fascination for me. I started watching paranormal investigations on television, reading whatever I could on the subject, and eventually met with a psychic who validated the experiences I'd had in my home.

It was the psychic, who eventually became my friend, who said to me one night, "Why don't you write a romance based on a ghost?" As a romantic suspense writer under another name, I couldn't figure out how to do that without making it scary, which isn't what I wanted to do at all. Dakota Skye was born to create "Blurred Lines",  a story about a deceased man, his grieving fiancee, and a man who is destined to love her if only he can break through the grief…and if only the ghost sees that he needs to let her go.

I truly believe that love never dies. It transcends time, perhaps becomes another energy that surrounds those of us who survive. Death is not the end of our existence, merely a transition.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience with a loved one who has passed on? I'd love to hear about it.

Now Available
All Romance Ebooks: goo.gl/M9PLhF
Amazon (all countries): myBook.to/BlurredLines 
Barnes and Noble: http://goo.gl/XHzZME

Follow me on Facebook for updates: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorDakotaSkye
Or Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DakotaSkye69

No comments:

Post a Comment