Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thank God 2014 is Over! 2015, a Year of Magic...or Mayhem? #NewYear #BlogChat

2015, a Year of Magic...or Mayhem? 



I'm a resolution rebel--which essentially means I don't bother making them because I'll either forget what they were in two weeks or I'll self-sabotage myself. Yes, I should have gotten therapy long, long, long ago...but here I am writing paranormal erotic romance while eating Doritos out of a bowl on my desk. Don't judge! 

New Year's Eve and the beginning of a new year have always been my favorite times of the year. It's like hitting the reset button and getting a do-over for all those missteps carrying over from the past. Even though I realize this can be done any day, the new year is like a neon sign flashing "NOW is the time to get your shit together!"

I've been on a roll this year with four releases so some may think I have all my ducks in a row, but I don't. My house has flooded not once, but twice this year. Once downstairs and once upstairs--which has resulted in ruined flooring and endless repairs. This tends to throw a wrench into a person's creative flow. It's hard to write when your mind feels like burnt scrambled eggs. On top of that, there have personal lows that felt like a jackhammer to the heart. 

So goodbye 2014! Don't let the door hit you in the ass. 

Looking ahead, I want more than anything to find stable ground. I have a new series coming out which is a take-off from my Dominating Justice story that appeared in Masquerade--it's a three part series starring sisters who happen to be witches...and, oh yeah, they run a sex den at night. It's a lot of fun. But while that prepares to launch in the spring, I need to get my personal life in order--less shaky, less angst, less doubt.

Ooo...that last one is the killer! Self-doubt leads to second guessing, self-sabotage, and mayhem. That's something I really need to conquer in the new year. To the world at large, I seem confident, but no one really knows what someone grapples with behind closed doors. 

And, this past year, there have been some downright crippling moments of despair behind closed doors. 

But no more! Time to hit that reset button, take the days as they come, keep my eye on my goals, and do the best I can. After all, as long as we're doing the best we can, we're succeeding in that moment. 

I admit I embrace a bit of chaos--it gets my juices pumping--but going forward I'd like to create a lot more fun to go along with it. How's that for a goal? More fun and joy? More sex dens, covens, psychics, ghosts and other wonderful storylines yet to come? Sounds ideal to me. 

I hope you all receive all you've ever dreamed and then some bonus joy that the Universe throws in like a cherry on top in this upcoming year! XXOO
Much love and gratitude for you,
Dakota Skye


Stop on over and see what my friends wish for this new year! 


5 comments:

  1. HNY chickie! Go fast & go far. luvu xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2015! May all your writing dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope 2015 delivers only the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looking forward to all those releases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More, more, more! I hope you get all those books out this year and accomplish even more than you possibly dreamed of in 2015 and beyond! Jade

    ReplyDelete