Friday, January 2, 2015

Getting #kinky with Kayla #BDSM #AuthorInterview

Mmm...mmm...mmm...you all are in for a treat today! The hot, hot author Kayla Lords has stopped by for an interview. Let's check it out.

Hi, Kayla! Thanks so much for being here. Please tell us a little about yourself—things that aren't necessarily in your official author bio:
Well, I'm a sex blogger who talks about masturbation (a lot) and my life as a sexual submissive. That's not weird, right? I run the Masturbation Monday weekly meme for other bloggers to write about masturbation (or scenes hot enough to make people want to masturbate).


No, not weird. I'd say you're brave to put yourself out there like that. More people than not explore the so-called taboo. You're bringing it out of the shadows and making the topic accessible. How would you describe your books to a reader who hasn't read your work yet?
My  books are an erotic and romantic look at Dominance and submission (D/s)  relationships with plenty of BDSM and kinky sex. I've taken the adage "write what you know" to heart, so while I enjoy reading fantasy and paranormal, my stories are most often about two people trying to find love and navigate relationships while living their day-to-day lives.


The human element is always the most important, I feel, to connect the readers to the characters. Why write in this particular genre? Do you have any other genres that interest you or is this one your main passion?
BDSM erotica and erotic romance are my current genres. Even though I plan to write outside of the typical male Dominant/female submissive dynamic in future projects, there will still be an element of BDSM in the relationships. I like exploring those types of relationships and that kind of sex.

As far as the creative process goes, do you have a story idea or a character concept first?
Story ideas always comes first. The last two books, The Adventures of Sir and Babygirl and the second in the series, Bound by Love, are based on my own relationship, so the characters were already in place (sort of). But I knew I wanted to look at a D/s relationship from the beginning - the struggle, the doubt, the trust, all of it.

Interesting that you talk about the trust factor. That is vital in the BDSM lifestyle. Please tell us about a current work-in-progress (or latest release):
For my current project, I've set aside Sir and Babygirl for a bit (although I'm mentally working on their next set of adventures) and decided to go erotic and kinky. I'm writing about a sex education class that's unlike anything most of us have ever considerd - it's run by a sadistic (but caring) Domme who helps a room of kinksters discover new things about themselves and the world of BDSM. It'll be a quick read, with plenty of erotic happenings.

People tend to like quick reads with their busy lifestyles. Good for you! As an author, what do you want readers to take away from your stories after they read the words 'the end'?
My goal is always to help people see BDSM and specifically D/s in a less-threatening, less scary light. I want it to feel real and attainable for readers but still hot and kinky as hell.

I know you deliver on that promise, Kayla. Your work is sizzling! What do you do for fun that doesn't involve writing or reading?
There's something outside of writing and reading?? What? Who says? I kid. I'm a self-proclaimed hermit and a major homebody so I enjoy things like cooking new food, baking cookies, and geeking out by watching episodes of Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, old episodes of Merlin, and whatever else we can find on Netflix.

I can relate to a lot of those things myself. What is the most adventurous thing you have done either personally or professionally?
I'm not an adventurous person by nature - I tend to be overly cautious about everything, and I'm a total planner. But quitting my lucrative career in marketing, moving 440 miles to live with the man of my dreams, and become a full-time writer was the start of the biggest adventure I've had yet - and it's still continuing to this day.

Yes, I'd say that's pretty adventurous! Good for you. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I really appreciate you and your time. 

More about Kayla...
I discovered my love of writing at age seven and my sexual fantasies long before I reached adulthood. Now instead of experiencing sexual daydreams, I write them down and publish them for others to enjoy.

I write BDSM-themed erotica with a focus on dominance and submission (D/s). I not only want to turn my readers on, but I want them to realize that D/s is more than just a kink and isn't scary or degrading.

An avid blogger, tweeter, and talker, I love interacting with my readers as much as possible!


Follow Kayla Lords at these various sites and don't hesitate to buy one of her hot novels! 

Buy Links:
The Adventures of Sir and Babygirl - http://mybook.to/ASB
Sir and Babygirl: Bound by Love - http://mybook.to/BBL


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today! I always love the opportunity to get kinky, um, I mean share kink (giggles) with other parts of the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the interview. Interesting how so many authors who are "out there" in public say they are homebodies. It's a different persona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a complete introvert (unless I'm extremely comfortable, lol). Social media and websites are the best thing that could have happened to "my kind" because it allows me to interact without having to actually leave home. :)

      Delete